Thursday, December 17, 2009

Words of Kaleb

*****
Tonight during dinner, when Charles asked Kaleb if he was full, Kaleb responded with:

(in his girliest voice, while pretending to hold a round belly) "I'm a flat girl... with a baby in my tummy."

(I should explain, that flat really means fat... but I have kind of fostered that new term, because I am afraid of the frequent use the kids will give to it... and where... and when.)

Jaden laughed and said, "You're not a girl, you're a boy!"

"Yes I am, or I not have a baby in my tummy. Boys don't have babies in their tummies, only girls. Flat girls."

Then he kept saying over and over, in his high-pitched girly voice, "I'm a flat girl with a baby in my tummy."

Hey, if "flat" = pregnant, than maybe I have a little bit less of an awkward talk ahead of me. But Charles told me that this conversation was blog-worthy... so here it is.


*****
Later that night, after putting the boys to bed, Kaleb came back downstairs and sat with me. I usually send him right back up to bed, but this time I gave in. We ate chips and salsa, pumpkin bread, watch TV... (what can I say... these are his sweetest moments... and we rarely have one on one time) As we were sitting on the couch he looked at me and said...

Mommy, I love you

I love you too!
Sometimes I say I don't like you.
Yeah...
It's cuz I'm angry
Yeah...
But I love you now.

4 comments:

  1. AAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did he wait till dinner to say that?? So sad.
    We miss you guys already and thought about you all day. Thanks for our best Utah day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooooooooo cute! That kid is getting so old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! brook and i had a conversation like that just today...gotta love it! (the loving and not liking one)

    ReplyDelete