Friday, December 18, 2009

Kaleb's Preschool Christmas Program

Can you tell how much fun he had?

(I'm the "happiest" Christmas Tree...)

Kaleb had his first Christmas Program this week. If we stay in Utah, he will have 3 years of preschool... so yes... he is probably the youngest one there. And as the youngest kid, I'd say he did a GREAT job! He sat where he was supposed to, he didn't need a potty break half-way through, and he put up with all the wardrobe changes! Good job buddy!

So if you were unable to attend, and would like a summary of the evening, here it is...

Kaleb waiting for the rest of his class to arrive...


The show begins, and here are a few of his proud supporters...

His first number... "Jingle Bells." He's having a hard time controlling his enthusiasm while ringing those bells.



Um... another song, I can't remember... but look! He doing a hand motion!


"The Days of the Week."




"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."



"I'm the Happiest Christmas Tree."



"I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus."


(This little girl's name is Allison... she sits next to Kaleb in class and always says, "Kaleb, I love you!" and gives him a big hug. His teachers say they have still not heard him respond, but he always smiles.)


Poor kid... :)



This is where they took a break to decorate the tree as their teacher told us what each kid's favorite thing about Christmas is. This was kind of a stretch, considering Kaleb has spoken only one word (Mayflower) since the first day of school. But they tell me that he will nod his head yes, and shake his head no, in order to communicate... maybe they just threw out some ideas and he agreed...



And his last song... I don't know the name of it... in fact I don't even think I've ever heard it before that night... But he made it through that last hoop. :)




Then it was lots of hugs and congratulations...



"I did it! Now it's time for chicken and fries!!"


Kaleb did great. :) We celebrated by taking him and Grandma and Alli to his favorite place to eat... Wendy's.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Kaleb!!

    Poor guy...the last video I was cracking up, it seemed like both his neighbors wanted to let go of their hands, but Kaleb was told to hold on and so he did, even if the little girl's hair and hat was a mess. I also liked how he kinda started to cross his legs in the "momma kissing Santa Claus" video when the kids were tickeling eachother. All in all, great job!! I enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think it was sadder watching it the second time.

    ReplyDelete