Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Trouble


Bradley has found a new favorite toy. But it's not really a toy. Ever since we put up the Christmas tree the first thing he does in the morning is try to plug it in. If I'm not quick enough, I will find the lights have been turned on, but thankfully, he is okay. I keep a chair in front of the outlet, but he still manages to crawl underneath and take care of business.


(I had had high hopes for having a beautiful tree this year... with ribbon and cute matching ornaments... but about 5 minutes after putting up the tree, I realized that instead of glamor, I would have to settle for a half naked tree. Anything more would just be disaster with a walking one year old. One by one, each of the lower-placed ornaments have found their way up the tree and out of grabby hands.)

Anyway, since all of this, he has started an obsession with cords and plugging them in. He went through my kitchen cupboards and found our griddle. He unattached the plug and carried it around the house, looking for a power source. (I have since, double-checked all of the outlets to make sure they are covered.) One day I finally moved the plug to an out-of-reach location. And so... Bradley went on a search for a new toy. This is where he found my rice cooker. He drags it around like a teddy bear. He has also tried it with my crock pot, but luckily it was too heavy for him to move.


When he is not busy endangering his life, he wants me to spin him around. Well, that game is only fun for a mom, for so long. But then I realized that if I incorporate a camera into the mix, then it becomes a lot more fun...

3 comments:

  1. Ok, one, I love that Bradley carries around the rice cooker, it's like a blanket, except it's not. Second, I lvoe how dizzy he got, I'm sitting here at the library laughing and I'm sure people are wondering what I'm watching. Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even care that you might be bordering on child abuse, that was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! He looks exactly like you, btw.

    Oh, and I loved your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete