Friday, April 2, 2010

CA Trip Part 4: Forrest and Michelle's House


This time during our trip to CA we got to stay with Charles' brother, Forrest and his family. We had so much fun with them, and the kids loved being able to see their cousins all the time. They were so excited to have 6 nights of sleepovers!



Since we doubled the number of occupants at that house, sometimes we ran out of dishes...


After that we went out and bought more paper product! :)


Also, please notice the hair poking out of Forrest's hat. He decided to wait to shave his head until after his Grandpa's party. Such a good boy!


Unfortunately, his clippers broke during the process...


so Michelle had to help him out.


We did lots of fun things while at Forrest at Michelle's house. Charles and John decided to try one of the challenges from the new TV show Minute to Win It. The challenge was to slide an Oreo from their forehead, down to their mouth without using their hands. I think Charles actually did it.


Michelle played with my hair one day...


And the guys spent lots of time playing the Wii...



We had fun teaching Grandpa Burkhart how to play.


He got a hang of it pretty quick, and golfs like a pro!


One day we walked across the street to El Dorado Park where we got to watch Little Forrest play a T-Ball game...





I tell you, this kid is a natural. He's got a strong arm, and a powerful hit!


Then we walked back home.



At night when the kids finally went to bed, we hung out watching movies, playing the Wii, playing Loaded Questions, Battle of the Sexes, listening to John's ideas formulate about a jackrabbit, and... "discussing" Health Care.


The kids also had tons of fun playing in the backyard. Light sabers and swords were nearly always involved...



They played on the slide...





...made water balloons...




(Here's Bradley letting Charles know that his shirt is wet)

The wagon was a huge hit. It started with the kids just pulling each other slowly...




Then, the adults started pulling...


Then it got faster and faster...




It was like a roller coaster ride... one lap around the backyard, then unloading the old and loading new.



Some kids had a hard time waiting for their turn...


Then someone had the idea of trying to fit them all in at once. Poor Kaleb always seems to be the one to get too squished.



Another one of the favorite things the kids did at Forrest and Michelle's was build a tent. They hung a sign that said "Socci Kids Only." Forrest even set up some lighting for us.



Once it was set up, we read stories...



...and ate Oreos.


These two loved playing together. It was like Bradley was just so excited to finally play with someone his own size. And whenever Katee Jo wasn't around, he was always looking for her.


Now I mentioned earlier that Grandpa Burkhart's surprise party was the "major" reason for our trip. Well, a close second for me... and this is saying a lot... would be for my favorite Ice Cream and my favorite Pizza. Both of which I have yet to find in Utah. I had to take a picture because it was just so... so beautiful!


Although the photo only has 5 cartons of Ice cream, there were really 7... yes, 7 cartons consumed that week. And even though I had a lot of help getting through it all, I definitely had my fair share! What can I say, I was WELL taken care of. I love my family... :)

It would be tacky for me to admit the actual number of poundage gained from my addiction... so let's just say... I savored every bite I eight.

4 comments:

  1. I was LOVING this post until I saw your last picture...now I'm just mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Is John not in the tent picture because he's not a Socci kid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alli- Oh... sorry about that, but maybe you will get a chance to go to CA soon and you can eat all you can eat CMK! And I think John was too busy playing the Wii with Charles and Forrest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...maybe I will! :o)

    ReplyDelete