Tuesday, April 6, 2010

CA Trip Part 5: The Rest

When we weren't at Forrest and Michelle's, we were hangin' out at Chuck and Sherrie's.


Here's Grandpa Burkhart teaching Jaden to fish... on the the Wii of course!


Hey, he caught something!


The Wii is fun, but their favorite thing to do at Grandma and Grandpa's... is play outside.


They could play on this swing set for hours. A few times it was a battle to get them to stop long enough to get a drink of water!






They also started playing "Red Light, Green Light." If you were the light, you held the hockey sticks.














One time while Kaleb was "the light," we had him standing a little too close to a tree. When the boys got close enough to reach him, they charged! Poor Kaleb was shoved against the tree and busted his head. He had 3 scraped up goose eggs on the back of his head near his neck. Here he is taking a little break with Daddy and a cool washcloth.


Here, Forrest grabbed my camera and decided it should be pointing the other direction for a change. So here's me and my sisters-in-law... minus Amber. :(


I love having a little girl to take pictures of. Her dangling, feet and her pigtails... Katee Jo-Jo is so cute!


Here Michelle humored me with giving me a subject so I could try out a setting on my camera that I hadn't used before.



And this was our last diner there. Anita and Sherrie cooked all day making homemade egg noodles, chicken, mashed potatoes and Cherry Cheesecake. Man my stomach hurt so much after that meal. I couldn't stop eating, it was so good. And when I finally did stop eating, I told Charles I felt like the noodles were still expanding inside of me, and that I was about to burst. It was such a crazy feeling.



One more thing we did on our trip to CA was visit MY childhood family-friends, the Collins family. I LOVE these people. I have known them for as long as I can remember. We saw Emily,


Mary,


and David... But I don't have a picture of David because I think I was snapping pictures while he was on a wild goose chase that I had sent him on, looking for film and files of my wedding. It was amazing how comfortable the boys felt immediately! It usually takes a few minutes before they can open up, but Kaleb was a little chatter-box from the moment he stepped inside! Bradley kept giving Mary hugs, and Jaden made himself right at home with Ice Cream and homemade soda.


David was aware of the boys' obsession with Star Wars, and he was kicking himself for not thinking to bring his "real 200 dollar lightsaber" home from his office to show to them. But seriously David, it was probably a good thing you didn't have it... They would have either broken it, or asked Santa for one for each of them... Neither would have been a very good outcome!


But Mary had her own bag of hats to entertain with! We had a fun visit, just missed Barbara. :(


This was such a fun trip and the boys are already asking when our next trip to CA will be... well, that's up to "Great Grandpa Socci." :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so bummed that I missed the last few days...I will have to make sure to be out there next time you guys are there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, I'm kinda jealous that you, Michelle and Mel have a picture without me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, I know... I was thinking the same thing! I almost didn't post it because of that... :( If I had Photoshop I'd shop you in, baby! And the last few days just weren't the same without you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of Cha with Blabby on his head, he looks like he's having so much fun. And dang girl! Cris, you look good in the picture with you and the girls!

    ReplyDelete