Thursday, April 8, 2010

Because Boys Can Never Have Enough...

Even though our Easter weekend began like this... (yuck)...



... we still had a good time. The Easter Bunny left a trail from each of the boys' rooms...


down the stairs...


and to their Easter baskets. But I forgot to take a picture of the baskets. Oh well. The baskets weren't nearly as exciting as what was sitting next to each basket. Each of the boys got their very own Tommy gun. (I know, I know... do these kids really need yet another weapon?) It's like a nerf gun, but battery-operated to shoot up to 20 foam bullets at a pretty high speed.

Up until now, we had never seen one that didn't require little hands to muscle back some kind of... cock... lever... pulling thing... something-or-other. Something that causes massive frustration to a certain Kaleb I know. I was a little hesitant about this, but... they're boys... how could they not love it??

They ran around shooting each other... and tried to get as many to stick to the wall as possible... and even have a little bit of target practice.


Well that night we went over to my mom and dad's for dinner, and my parents were a little sad that the boys didn't bring over these new toys. Little did we know, that apparently the Easter Bunny had also visited my dad. (And my dad was SUPER excited to have someone to play with!) Since my dad couldn't shoot his new toy at his house (by himself), he followed us home so "the boys could show him their new guns."

As the kids were teaching him about their guns and how they work, he said, "Wow, I need one! Oh wait... I already have one!" Then he whipped out his own from under his jacket and started shooting. It's so cute to see my dad have a bunch of boys to play violent games with! :)

Then they all had a little bit of target practice...


except in this one, Jaden opted not to shoot... probably because he was tired of collecting bullets!



Then we thought it would be interesting to video tape the bullets flying at the camera.


But my boys have been taught well. Never shoot your Momma! :)


So we tried putting Grandpa behind the camera.



Nope... Respect your elders. Especially Grandparents! Such good boys. Plus they don't think it's fair to shoot if someone is unarmed... um... except for Bradley. By the end, Bradley started to figure out how to pull the trigger far enough to make the bullets fly... He shoots them at my legs all the time, and from so close a distance... it can get painful!


Here's Charles and Dad vs. Jaden and Kaleb. Can you tell they were having a little bit of fun?



The next day, Charles and I had a little bit of "close range" fire action going on and... dang, those bullets can hurt! Check out the wounds I left on Charles. There were 4 or 5 on his face and neck, but the ones on his forehead showed up the best in the picture. It was hilarious! He got me pretty good too, only there were no marks left on me. So who's the better shot? Hmmm? :)


So now, whenever I come home from grocery shopping or wherever, and I find that the house is completely quiet... I know I am about to get ambushed. For sure by Charles, and sometimes the boys... but only if Charles can talk them into shooting their momma!

3 comments:

  1. This totally reminds me of what we'd do with the Smiths when we were younger, Nerf wars!! We'd set up forts in our rooms and then say go and have at it. Once we were out of "bullets" or everyone was "dead" we'd start over...can't wait to play nerf wars with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun! I love how huge the gun looks next to bradley.
    Anyway, I love hate your blogs. They make me so jealous--I miss my family! But I also love to see how much fun y'all have. Thanks Crissy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm never coming over anymore. I'm scared for my life, those bullets go fast!

    ReplyDelete