Sunday, April 11, 2010

Life is Good

On Friday Charles and his buddy, Ryan, put up the new swing set. (Thanks again for the help, Ryan!)

Hour 1

Hour 2

Hour 3

Hour 4

All done

The kids have been out here every chance they have had. In fact last night was movie night, and it was the first time all day that they had watched any TV. And if you know my boys, you know that is huge. Charles and I were reminiscing about how much time we used to spend outside as kids. Life outside is so much more fun. I hope the weather will stay nice.


We have to supervise Bradley when he is out there because the ladder is a little too wide, and the slide is a little too fast.

One time, I looked out the window and Jaden was helping Bradley up the ladder. I was frozen. I knew I couldn't get out there fast enough to do anything, and I didn't want to break their concentration with my pointless screaming. So I just stood completely still, not breathing as I watched.

He made it.

Then he went right to the slide and Kaleb was at the bottom saying, "Come on Braa-Braa, I'll catch you!" And he did. Whew!

Then another time, when we were all inside, Bradley slipped past us...

Charles and I looked out the window and this is what we saw...


Charles ran out and stood ready to catch him if he fell. But he was just fine.

Now we have taught Bradley to use the rope ladder. The steps are a little bit closer together, and if he falls, the rope will be a softer hit than the metal bars!

The kids want to be out there all day. They don't even want to come inside for meals. So here they are eating their lunch outside.



The house is so much quieter. I can get things done. The kids are having a blast. Life is good.

5 comments:

  1. i so need one of these! I guess i should get a fence first though...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice! Plus, it looks like the weather is perfect for it, no need to lather them up with sunblock every hour. Bradley is such a brave kid! I love that swing set! What is that red thing underneath the roof part? I can't tell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so nice. Andrew really wants to get one of those for Ella. Maybe next summer. Ella will just have to come and play with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, maybe I will come over again. That looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is TOO cute!!
    Is that the Bradley I remember in an infant seat at Christmas?!? I love that he looks like a baby but can do anything. And how about Jaden's leadership skills? It seems to bringing out the best in everybody!

    ReplyDelete