Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Ultimate Insult

When the boys argue, it can get a little ugly. They say words like "Go away!" "I don't like you!" "I don't love you anymore!" They hit, kick, push, punch and tackle. Jaden likes to use his "water will strike" Hap Ki Do move on Kaleb (for defensive purposes only!... yeah right). Every once in a while there is the occasional "I hate you" thrown in there. But the most recent insult... the one that causes the most emotional damage... is "I'm not gonna be your brother." Sometimes when these words are used, it brings Jaden to tears. There have been a few nights where Jaden has come out of his room at night just torn apart because Kaleb has used those very words. Jaden will say, "Kaleb said some very hurtful things to me." He's such a softie.

Well the other day, Kaleb, Bradley and I were at the gym, watching my dad play volleyball, and Jaden practice Hap Ki Do. Kaleb began to lick the window. I told him how gross that was and that he needed to stop. He just looked at me with anger in his eyes, and said, "Fine. I'm not gonna be your brother, Mommy."

I couldn't help but smile.

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the insults. My girls' favorite thing to say is, "I'm not gonna be your friend anymore." They also like "I'm never gonna play with you ever again." UG. I can't stand the insults!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went through a phase recently where Braden and Tanner would yell "well you're fired!" at each other all the time. It amazed me how upset it made them to hear that since it doesn't even really make much sense. Me, on the other hand, when they would get mad and fire me I would plop right down on the couch and say "fine by me". Too bad the break never lasted very long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Jaden, that is so sad! Well, would you rather have them keep repeating, "I'll save you brudder!!!" over and over and over again?

    ReplyDelete