Thursday, November 26, 2009

Aw... Young Love


Jaden and I were driving to his Hap Ki Do practice and listening to Christmas music when he started this conversation:

Mommy I have to tell you something.

What's that?
I think... (in a shy voice)... I'm falling in love.
You are?
Yes.
With who?
With Kyla.
How do you know?
Because whenever I see her (big smile) ... or talk to her... my heart just goes Boom Boom Boom! And it beats really big and I can feel it. She makes me feel so happy.
Oh.
But I don't know if I am going to marry her. I can't choose.
Is there someone else?
Yes. 2 more. Kaitlyn... I like her, but she has another boyfriend. I think his name is Brighton, or something like that. And the other one is Avery.
Who's Avery?
A girl in my class. I really like her too. She's so nice.
Oh, do you play with her now?
Yeah, and today she slipped and fell down on the ice, so I helped her up.
Well that was a very sweet thing to do, good job!
Yeah, so I don't know which one I am going to marry.
That's okay, you still have PLENTY of time.
But I think I'm gonna choose Kyla.

I love that he feels open enough to tell me these kinds of things. And I know it's only a matter of time before he starts to keep his feelings to himself. He's such a sweet and emotional boy. It's going to be hard for me when he becomes more private, so I will cherish these moments now. Jaden, please don't grow up!

4 comments:

  1. I second that! Jaden, please don't grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him!! Now are any of these girls the same girl that he had his first heartbreak over??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention how stinkin cute that picture is!

    ReplyDelete