Friday, November 6, 2009

The Real Halloween

Happy Halloween all! I know we already posted for the Halloween party, but there are a few pictures that NEEDED to be here. So! Here we are trick-or-treating at my Grandma's home. She was so tired but such a trooper. The place was packed! We visited her for a little while and also got to meet a few of Charles' patients who are also in the home.


If you haven't already noticed, Jaden has switched his costume. He is no longer a knight in shining armor. After watching the vampire movie that Ethan recommended, he wanted to be a vampire. I told him I wasn't going to buy him another costume, so he created his own. He wore black clothes, his magician's cape, some green teeth he got from his friend Caleb's Halloween bag, and some devil ears from his dress-up box. Way to use your resources, Jade!


On Halloween night, we decided to go trick-or-treating in my Mom and Dad's neighborhood. Alli was dressed up... so cute.



This was the first Halloween that Charles was actually OFF work for, so I decided to get him a costume... kind of. Allow me to introduce you to "Mullet Daddy."


Back off ladies... this dirty, white trash hunk is all mine.


I know you want him...


what with his perfectly kept sideburns under the glasses look...


but keep on dreaming!

We had a little bit of fun with the wigs.








The kids had been trick-or-treating 2 other times previous, so they went around one block and called it quits. They just wanted to pass out candy and pig out. Jaden has a "cool voice." He always uses it when speaking to kids older than him. I wish I could describe it. He almost sounds like... a hick. He used it while handing out candy. "Hey! It's a cowboy! Cool Dude! Take which ever candy you like. Happy Halloween and a Happy New Year!"


And just because I know you wanted one more look at my uberfine redneck husband...

3 comments:

  1. If only Redneck Charles could have been pictured with a gun . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you had me laughing, or Charles did. Definitely worth posting another Halloween post for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fun Daddy...

    ReplyDelete