Tuesday, November 17, 2009

His First Word

No, I'm not talking about Bradley. I'm talking about Kaleb. My extremely shy 3 year old who as of this morning has never spoken a word in school, or in Nursery.


Well today that changed. When I went to pick up Kaleb from school, his teacher stopped me and said, "He did it. He spoke!" I was like, "No way!" She said that they were all sitting together on the rug and she asked the class if anyone knew the name of the big ship that carried the pilgrims across the ocean. Kaleb timidly raised his hand. She was so shocked she almost stopped breathing. She said, "Yes, Kaleb?" She wasn't sure if he would actually say anything, but she listened really hard as he almost inaudibly said, "Mayflower." She said she just got up and jumped for joy, not because he got it right, but because he finally said a word! She thinks she may have scared him to death by her high-pitched praises, and that it is possible he may never say anything again for fear of her reaction. When I asked Kaleb if he spoke in class today, he said, "A little." I asked him what he said, and he said, "Mayflower." Way to go, Buddy!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! That is so great! How did he know that? That is a hard question! He's so smart! I am giddy right now, good job K-bub!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's like the silent genius. He doesn't say much but when he does you better listen cause its gonna be good! You should tell his nursery teacher to ask the same question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! too cute! I hope he continues to move forward.

    ReplyDelete