Tuesday, May 19, 2009

When Jaden Grows Up


"When I grow up, I want to be a zoo keeper."

A couple days before his graduation, Jaden had to dress up like what he wants to be when he grows up. He chose a zookeeper. We were a little surprised and a little frantic. Up until the day before, he had said either a doctor or a firefighter. He has dress up clothes for both of those occupations in his room... but a zoo keeper? So the day before, he asked Grandpa Ashton if he could use his "Aussie hat." (Thanks Dad... uh... yeah... we still need to return that...) Then he decided to wear his bear fanny pack (thank you Grandma and Grandpa Socci) so he could carry food for the animals. Charles even made him an "animal catcher" which he will demonstrate for you. (btw, "Brownie" is the name Kaleb gave to the big stuffed dog)



Well, he went to school and everyone was so impressed, that about half of his class decided they wanted to be zoo keepers too. Needless to say, at the graduation, there were a lot of kids saying "when I grow up, I want to be a zoo keeper." Way to go Jaden!



7 comments:

  1. Ha! This is great. What a creative nephew I have! (And brother in law). Such a little trendsetter too. And this is totally random, but I really like his shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally not random because I was thinking the same thing! Nice shoes! You guys are so creative, what a perfect outfit! Jaden has to be the cutest zoo keeper ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look sooo cool dude! Way to catch that brownie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaden would like to announce that he has changed his mind. He no longer wants to be a zoo keeper. Instead he would like to be a... "march of dimes, so I can help sick babies, like Ethan."

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Jerman FamilyMay 20, 2009 at 4:24 PM

    Crissy, so glad I found your blog!!! I am keeping track of you now. It was great to see pictures of your family and read all the updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Jaden now wants to be a "march of dimes", I just hope taht he isn't disapointed when he finds out he has to be a PERSON that works for the March of Dimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaden,

    Cool hat dude. I'll bet if all zoo keepers had hats like that, everybody would want to be a zoo keeper!

    - Grandpa

    ReplyDelete