Friday, May 1, 2009

Kaleb Update


Kaleb Jon Socci is our 2 and a half year old. And let me tell you, he is VERY good at being 2. Ever heard of the Terrible Twos? Kaleb excels. He is extremely skilled in the art of pushing my buttons. This kid will drive me NUTS on a daily basis... make that an hourly basis.



But... in the blink of an eye, (even while I am reprimanding or even restraining him) he has the gift to just melt my heart and make me smile and laugh like no one else can.



He really is amazing. One second I am so ready to end his little life, and the next I wish I had my camera out so I would never forget such an adorable moment. (Jaden took the picture of Kaleb and I playing) Needless to say he keeps us all on our toes, and we love him to death...lol.


So what's Kaleb up to these days... other than tantrums and timeouts? Well, he is almost never found without his bear and/or blanket. Grandpa Socci like to refer to him as "Pigpen." These are 2 items that will definitely make for a sad day if they are ever forgotten.



He is also very busy playing with his brothers. He's very protective of Bradley and always wants to hug and kiss him. He gets this really high voice when he gets excited... which is most of the time that Bradley is around.



He does everything that Jaden does. Which Jaden doesn't seem to mind... it's easier for him to manipulate Kaleb that way. For about half the time they really do play well together. And when the weather is nice they can stand each other even longer. They love to run around, and wrestle, and play sports. They also enjoy taking turns pretending to be the family dog... because that's as close as they will get to having a real one! Kaleb is awesome at the Magnet blocks... definitely one of the favorite toys around here. He gets extemely frustrated with them... but equally, if not more, excited when he finally builds what he wanted. He's a very smart and talented kid.



One day last week I needed a little "girly" break from all the male-madness in our home and I decided to dust off the foot spa and give myself a pedicure. The boys watched me and insisted on having one too.



Although it is obvious how much Kaleb looks up to Jaden and copies everything Jaden does, he DOES have a personality of his own, and is very much into saying yucky words... (Thank you Grandpa Socci! :) ) Some of his favorites include stinky, poopy, BOOTY and he loves to pretend to toot. We thought it was funny the first few times so we took a video. But now it is just out of control. We have really gotten into a losing battle with this one.




When Kaleb is on a little bit better behavior he is an angel. He loves going to his Nursery class at church. He never really had a problem with shyness going into class. His teachers tell us he is attentive, happy and cooperative. Hmmm... so what am I doing wrong at home?...



Kaleb loves to pray. He also loves to add in his yucky words, but here is a video of him WITHOUT those words.




Kaleb loves many people and things, but there are 2 people that Kaleb seems to LIVE for. Grandma and Daddy. Every Monday night when Jaden and I have Hapkido and Charles is at school, Kaleb looks forward to his time with Grandma. Even if it's just an hour, he treasures that time. And it's always a nice thing for me to have to threaten him with... "pick up these toys, or you won't get to see Grandma tonight!"



His other special time is when Charles comes home. Whether it's late at night or early morning, or if he's waking up from a few hours of sleep after the night shift... Kaleb knows it's "Daddy time." Kaleb loves to play "tougher." This is pretty much wrestling, but they shout about who is tougher while doing it. They also like to play "horsey." Charles loves this one especially right after doing his hair for the day!


Charles and Kaleb seem to have a very special bond. I have to admit that I am a bit jealous over it. But it is sweet. Kaleb has also invented a game that they love to play together. He calls it "Stinky Ball." Stinky Ball is where the boys sit halfway up on the stairs and Charles throws my yoga ball at them. They just love it. He's one creative toad.

,

3 comments:

  1. Its wonderful to see that you have so much to say about Kaleb. And I can tell that he definitely frustrates you at times, but that you adore him at the same time. I can relate! I love reading your blog-keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so cute! I can't decide which one I like better, the first one or the second one...The one with the foot spa is adorable too! Remember when Jaden would make Kaleb say "ok boss" and "yes boss" when they would play? And of course Kaleb said it without any hesitation because Jaden told him to...they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kare, I totally forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete