Sunday, August 5, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa Socci's Visit: Part 6

The last day before Grandma and Grandpa left, we had an early birthday party for Bradley.  He told us he wanted chocolate cake, with white frosting and sprinkles.  Simple.  I love it.



Since this was an impromptu birthday party, I was lucky to have 2 things on hand to give him.  Bradley is kind of hard to shop for, because he's only genuinely interested in a few things.  But you can only buy him so many trains and blocks!  I had been keeping an ear out to anything at the store that excited him.  Like this lame talking Thomas the Train.  Seriously, it's huge, and bulky, and does NOTHING but talk.  But he loves it.


And I figured Brynnlee might be entertained by it too... which she was.


The other thing I happened to have grabbed for him when I saw he had interest, was this water bottle.  From the dollar bin.  But look how excited he is.  I love this kid!


He's pretty good at making "buildings" with the Etch-a-Sketch he received from Grandma and Grandpa...


...and he was the MOST excited about the Lego Duplo Firehouse they gave him too.


The boys got right to work.


Thanks for the presents Grandma and Grandpa!  And thanks for the visit.  We love you.  :)


I think we did a sufficient job of waring them out and making them feel ready to get back to their peace and quiet.  Haha!  Luckily with this trip, Jaden didn't have to get all emotional with saying goodbye.  Grandma would be returning in less than 2 weeks for the triathlon.  Yeah baby!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment