Thursday, August 2, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa Socci's Visit: Part 4


Another day, we took Grandma and Grandpa to Seven Peaks Waterpark.  We dropped Brynnlee off with my mom and dad so we could all ride the slides together.  Well... that was the idea.  While walking up the stairs to the very first slide, Sherrie noticed a sign that said, "Please do not ride if you have back problems." Chuck has some back issues, but I guess they thought he would be okay.  After one slide, poor Chuck was pretty much out of commission and in pain for the rest of the day.  So we decided to take it down a notch and ride around the Lazy River.


After a while we split up.  Jaden wanted to ride more slides and the little boys wanted to play in the Kiddie area.  I took Jaden down all the slides that he was tall enough to ride.


We had been using a double tube so we could ride together, but then Jaden got a burst of courage and wanted to ride down by himself on a single tube.  So we traded in our double for 2 singles.  The first time we went down, I went first so I could watch Jaden when he came out at the bottom. 

I waited... and waited. 

I started to think he had chickened out, but then I saw him. 

He looked only slightly frightened as he made his entrance into the pool.

When he floated over to me, he yelled, "That was awesome!" and he was off to get back in line as soon as he got out of the water.

On the way up, I asked him if he had been nervous.  He said that he was saying to himself, "I'm scared, I'm scared-- No I'm not!  No I'm not!  I'm scared, I'm scared--No I'm not!  No I'm not!

The next time we went down, he said he wanted to go first so that he could watch me land this time.  We chose a steeper slide that has 3 drops at the end.  He had never been down it before.  I waved goodbye to Jaden as he pushed off. 

Then he made his mistake.

He wanted to center himself more in his tube, so he stuck his foot out to the side of the slide.  His tube kept moving and it turned. He was now riding backwards.

I felt bad for him, I knew he must be freaking out, but I couldn't help my fit of inward laughter.


He survived.  He said he rode the entire way backwards.  He was ready to go again.  But he wanted an audience.  So while he waited in line, I went and got Grandma, Grandpa and Charles to watch him while I stayed with the little boys in the kiddie pool.



After a short snack break we all went for one last time in the wave pool.







Minus poor Grandpa getting hurt at the beginning, it was a lot of fun.  The boys say this is their favorite place to go in the summer.  But that's not all we did with Grandma and Grandpa...

No comments:

Post a Comment