Friday, August 10, 2012

Bradley Turns 4

When I asked Bradley what he wanted for his birthday this year, I expected to hear the same thing he has said for his last 2 birthdays... "more magnet blocks."  Nope.  This year he broadened his horizons.

"For my birthday I would like  a small mountain."

Um.  What?! 

Don't get me wrong, I love his originality.  He doesn't like to watch movies, he prefers adults to other kids, he's not head over heels for Legos, and most of the time he passes on dessert.  What kid does that?!  But when there's something he is interested in, boy is he interested. 

I thought maybe he would forget about this whole "small mountain" idea, but when I asked him the same question a couple of weeks later, his answer didn't change.

On his actual birthday, I thought I would give him one last chance to tell me something plausible for a gift.  I asked him if he wanted Legos.  Nope.  Cars?  Nope.  More blocks?  Nope.

Man, this kid is usually so easy to please, but I was at a loss this time.  I asked him to think real hard and see if he could think of anything that he may have seen on TV that he would like.  Nope.

But he kept thinking.  Then he remembered something. "Vampire teeth!"

Seriously.  Vampire teeth?!  Where am I going to get vampire teeth at the beginning of August?  Especially since he was probably picturing a cheap thing that just came inside of a pinata at some birthday party or something.  I just sighed and gave up.

Later that day, Bradley had a dentist appointment.  I know, a dentist appointment on his birthday?!  What was Charles thinking?  Well, Bradley is easy going and he didn't mind.  Plus Dr. Ashton reminds him a lot of his Grandpa.  :)

For his birthday, Bradley got his very first... cavity.  Yay!  And he was such a good boy during the check up, that he got to pick something from the prize box.

This was a birthday miracle.


 Inside the prize box, Bradley found one... set... of vampire teeth.  Amazing. 


Since Alli was coming home from her mission just 2 days after Bradley's birthday, he decided he wanted to wait and celebrate it with her. 


Thomas the Train was the theme this year.  Bradley isn't actually into Thomas and Friends, but he is majorly into building train tracks.  He's very good at it.  He just loves to build.

When Brynnlee saw the hats, she kept grabbing more and bringing them to Charles to put on her head, haha!  If only I could get her as excited to wear headbands...







He's such a sweet kid.  Can I take him home with me?  Why yes.  Yes I can.




I love how excited he gets.







Well... I tried.  I couldn't let the little guy down.  :)


Happy birthday Brad Man!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you that when I was out there he showed me his mountain and he was very excited during the story! It's definitely one awesome kid!!

    ReplyDelete