Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Swim Lessons

I decided to get brave and sign the kids up for swim lessons on week days.  Usually we have them do Saturdays so that Charles or my mom can come help out.  But my friends Jamey and Stacey were doing it, and they each have 4 kids, so I thought, why not?

THIS is why not.


It's an outdoor pool.  We usually sign up in South Jordan, where it is INDOOR.  You might think, 'What's the big deal?'  I will tell you.

#1 Now I have to buy sunscreen.   My cost just went up.
#2 Now I have to deal with sunscreen.  On all 5 of us.  And it always makes it into someone's eyes.  Always.
#3 It's so flippin' hot!
#4 It's so bright, and there's not much shade to sit in, and not much shade to entertain a 1 year old in.
#5 They don't allow you to let your little one splash in the pool during lessons.  South Jordan does.  And Brynnlee knew that.
#6 Look how crowded it is!  At South Jordan they had about 4 classes going at a time.  Here?... at least 12!

Anyway.  I'm done griping.  At least the boys had fun.  I ended up having to have a friend watch Brynnlee during lessons because it was too miserable for her.

Here's Jaden along with 2 other classes.  (2 more joined shortly.  Yup.  This place was crazy.)  Anyway, Jaden got to swim with his friend Aspen.







Kaleb got to swim with Cole.



And Bradley got to swim with Sage.





The boys had fun and leaned a few things... but never again.  Not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment