Friday, July 27, 2012

10th Anniversary in Park City

This year we celebrated our first DECADE of marriage.


I decided that we needed to do something new.  Not just dinner and a movie.  My friend Jamey and I had been trying to plan a double date to Park City but we could never get our schedules to match up.  So we were forced to go on our own.

Our plan was to ride the Alpine Slide and the Extreme Zip Line over at the Olympic Park.


Shoot, I thought even just the ski lift up the mountain was fun!  I want to take the kids on it.




While we were riding the lift we could see and watch people going down the zipline.


Charles gets a little queasy on things like this, but I was determined to do something fun and exciting.  He's having second thoughts...


To break Charles in a little bit easier, we decided to ride the Alpine Slide first.  It's a huge slide going down the side of the mountain. You ride down on top of... like a big skateboard with a handbrake.

This is what the board looks like.
I wasn't able to get a picture of Charles coming down because he caught up with me, so I had to find one from the internet.

It's really fun!  I thought this was the same Alpine Slide that everyone talks about, but apparently there are more than one.  I went first.  I wanted to catch a short video of the ride to show the kids, but it slowed me down and Charles caught up to me.  Next time... I'm gunning it the whole way down.  No brakes!


Then we rode the lift back up the mountain to the Extreme Zipline.



Since I couldn't take a picture of us doing it, I took a picture of the people in front of us.  They strap you into your seat and you just hang there against the door...


... until the door opens.


The Zipline was exciting, but we both enjoyed the slide better.  Next time, we want to bring the kids down the slide.

After our rides, we watched some of the skiers train.  I had wondered how they learn to do all those flips in their ski jumps.  Now I know.  It was pretty cool.




As we were leaving I started browsing through the Olympic souvenirs they had in their store.  I came so close to buying a shirt that had this printed on it:


How perfect is that?  It's like they knew we would be there celebrating our 10th anniversary.

After that, we went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Settebello.  I think our last few anniversary dinners have been there.  Okay... maybe we are getting boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment