Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Boys Love Blocks

This is Bradley's huge stash of magnet blocks.  The only thing he ever asks for on his birthday or for Christmas is, "more magnet blocks, please."


Would you believe, that he has already told me that for his next birthday he wants more?


He also told me that aliens have magnet blocks too.  Blue and green ones.


Sometimes Bradley branches out from the magnet blocks and plays with Lego Duplo.


And sometimes he plays with the Bristle Blocks.  But he always goes back to the magnet ones.


Here's Jaden building his Fire Temple and Dragon as soon as possible.


We have Garmadon's Fortess on the left and the Fire Temple on the right.


Kaleb provided about 20 of these close up shots.  Guess he was one proud kid.  He actually does most of the building himself.  It's really neat to see him do it.  He's even quicker than me... which I guess isn't saying much...




One day while Charles was out of town, I thought I should try and fill the role of "Fun Daddy" and play Legos with Kaleb.

I thought "sure, I can spare 30 minutes."

3 and 1/2 hours later, we emerged from the Lego dungeon with this beauty.  A double-sided 42+ Lego figure display.  We designed it ourselves.  No instructions, thank you very much!

Now that I have been immersed into the world of Legos, I'm kind of obsessed.  I now see why Charles is a Lego snob and doesn't like mixing Legos with Mega Blocks.  They DO build differently!

I told Charles, "I never thought I'd say this but... I think we need more Legos!"


After a month of torturing the kids with a rule that they could only build one new Lego set each month, the boys got their fix.

Jaden built Jack Sparrow's Black Pearl.


Kaleb built his Lightning Dragon with Chopper.






Welcome to the Lego Dungeon.  I have banished Legos from any other room but this one since Brynnlee is on the move.


They spend hours up here.


When friends come over they like to go straight up to the Legos.


And just like Bradley, do they seem satisfied?  Nope.  I think we have an addiction problem over here.


Legos and Magnet Blocks: The boys' drug of choice.

2 comments:

  1. Um, let me first just say that Bradley and Kaleb are looking SO old! I couldn't tell in one picture if it was Kaleb or Jaden..I seriously stared at it for a good 2 minutes before deciding that it was Kaleb. And also, I see bits of Nathan in one of Brad mans pictures and a couple of Kalebs. I guess thats the Ashton side coming out. Weird.

    Ok, so that is a crap load of magnet blocks. Especially considering how few come in a package (unless of course you get the 100 piece on...but thats still pretty crazy). Bradley looks like he is in trouble in that first picture, it cracks me up every time I look at it.

    Those lego things are flippin awesome. I can't believe the boys can build them. I figured they had to have Cha do the whole thing. I love their lego dungeon. I am a little disappointed that Kaleb doesn't seem to be playing with the barbie he got for his birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kare!! I did the same thing! The picture of Kaleb at the kitchen table right? I thought it was Jaden. But then that didn't seem quite right. So I stared at it and stared at it. The mouth finally gave it away for me.

    Crissy-- *I* am in love with your lego dungeon. I want one. And I love bradely. He looks SO much like you in the second magnet block tower picture. Your kids are awesome and YOU are an awesome Mom.

    ReplyDelete