Friday, June 25, 2010

Kaleb's Award


My first year of Preschool is finally over. My teachers made our class perform this like, "Broadway" singing program, which was followed by each of us receiving some special kind of award.

Well. I have worked very hard this year on ONE thing in particular. Being quiet. I did such a good job at this, that out of the entire school year, I only said one word: Mayflower. That's it. Not a single other word. My communication was a head nod or a head shake at best. Pretty impressive, huh?

Anyway, somehow, I made it through the long and "wonderful" singing program. Barely. Then it was time for the awards. I mean, awards are a big deal, right?

They called my name...

I bravely walked across the stage...


and accepted my award...


I couldn't hear much over the applause. My family is crazy. So I sat down to examine my paper.


What?! The Most Talkative Award?! Are you kidding me?

Man!

Do you know how hard it is for me to be quiet?

Just ask my mom and dad!

I worked so hard, all year long!

All for nothing.

No appreciation.

What a waste of time.

I am so done with this Preschool!


What? What's that? We get to celebrate at McDonalds?


Peace! I'm outta here!

6 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Congratulation Kaleb! I wish I could have celebrated at McDonalds with you! I like to think that Alli is texting me in this picture so that it was like I was there. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kaleb!! I can't believe that you made it through one whole year of preschool and only said one word!! I was shy when I was little like you, but I don't think I could hold it at one word a year...maybe next year you can say no words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh...yeah...that's who I was texting, you Kare...Kaleb actually did do a little something something in his broadway show. But let me just say how lame that preschool is, Broadway? Really? How can a 3 year-old get excited about songs without animal sounds, trains, super heroes, or anything with the word stinky in it? Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kare~ you were SO there.

    Amber~ HAHAHA!! "No words." Nice. :)

    Alli~ True DAT!! "Who let the "B" out? b-b-b-b!" Very much looking forward to returning to Sunshine Square.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for going along with that Al!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too . . . many . . . new. . . posts. Don't . . . know . . . where . . . to . . . begin. For now, I'll just say: keep 'em coming. You're the awesomest blogger ever.

    ReplyDelete