Friday, July 2, 2010

Go Take a Hike!

While Mere was here visiting last month, we decided to take the kids on a hike. We went to... this one place that I can't remember the name. Ummm... we'll call it the "Pleasant Grove/Lindon exit... 200 S. ...canyon." Yeah. That sounds good.


It's a gorgeous trail that Mere and Julie showed me a few summers ago.


It follows a stream almost the whole way so there's always water to stop and play in, or throw rocks into.


We only went as high as the waterfall, which took us almost an hour.


This is the view from our highest point, near the waterfall.


We stayed there and took a rest,


...re-hydrated...


...and taught Mere how to make alien hands.


Then on our way back down we stopped again for a snack. Poor Kaleb was not very happy with his food options.


Jaden and Bradley didn't mind.


Our descend was a lot quicker. It would have been even faster if Bradley didn't insist that he walk by himself. It was actually more of a run.

I think Jaden looks cool walking with Mere, with one hand in his pocket.


Kaleb finally cheered up a little.


It was a great trail for the kids and I think they enjoyed their first hiking experience.

4 comments:

  1. I stinkin love Bradley in that first picture! How cute is he!?! I agree, Jaden does look cool in that pic. Poor Kaleb, only getting a nasty granola bar on a hike, where's the pasta? Where's the cheese toast? Where's the breakfast casserole? Haha...I'm glad they had fun! Hopefully this will prepare Jaden for some hiking in August!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of pouty Kaleb doesn't look like him...We are going on a hike this coming weekend! I guess the whole family is going, all six kids...this should be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some really great pictures of Cha and Bradley! And you'd think I'd be used to it by now, but Jaden looks so grown up. Mere, come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN!!!! I had NO idea Meredith and you still hung out and she came and visited and such. So WHEN exactly are we gonna play? ;) My kids have never been hiking- looks like yours did GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete