Wednesday, June 2, 2010

29


I got this card from my mom and dad. LOL! It's funny. More so for me than anyone else. It's an inside thing... you wouldn't understand.... or would you?...

I turned 29 last week... I have high expectations for this year. This is the year that my Dad wishes to relive over and over and over again. So I have a good feeling about it.

I love my birthday. It's the day that Charles will make this:

(the best Lasagna in the world... beef, sausage and pepperoni...mmmm)


...and this:
(the best cake in the world... Texas Sheet Cake...
but thicker cake, easy on the frosting... mmmmmmmmm)



Here's my card from Kaleb. I loved it because I don't think I'd ever seen him draw a family picture before. It was SO cute.



My card from Jaden...




Kare took Jaden with her to the grocery store that day and he told her he really wanted to buy me some tulips. He said it was my favorite. He looked everywhere, and couldn't find any so when he saw the blue ones he said he needed to get me those, because blue is my favorite color. So thoughtful! :)

The boys also picked out a game for "me"... Star Wars Trouble. Oh, how did they know?


I was super spoiled this birthday because I had all my sisters in town due to the funeral. My nephew Ethan got me this scented oil and burner...


And Jules also made me some jewelry... she's gooooood.


And Kare, Alli and my mom stayed up all night the night before to make me this quilt. Charles had asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I told him I wanted a huge quilt. One that our whole family could fit on comfortably for a picnic. He lucked out of that one! This one is perfect. Loooove it!


I was also surprised by a couple of my friends. Janica baked me some Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies... which were gone in like 5 minutes.


Julie (my racing buddy) surprised me with a water bottle... I feel so official now!


And my Mere surprised me with a visit from Texas! We went the Bombay House, I slept over one night, she slept over one night, we went to the mall, went on a hike, made an awesome chicken salad, and watched Freaks and Geeks and The Big Bang Theory till bedtime. I miss her already. :(


I also got texts and phone calls... Ahhhhhh, nothing like a birthday to force other people to make you feel special. :)

Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes and gifts. I have the coolest family and friends ever!

7 comments:

  1. Wow - I didn't realize how much we had in common! We are both 29, we both have 3 kiddo's, we both ran a 5k this year, and we both can relate to your birthday card! :)

    I hope you had a GREAT birthday! I am so glad that you are my visiting teacher - and that you come, because then I have been able to get to know you better! We need to have a BBQ this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand too! :o) And you're wrong, the frosting is the only part of the cake worth eating. But you are right about the lasagna…as David would say: Nectar of the Gods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! I know it's late, sorry...I do love the picture of Kaleb when you opened the star wars trouble, he is so excited for "your" present!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all can relate to your cake a little too well. Well...maybe just women, I don't know about the dudes. And you and Alli are both wrong. The cake AND the frosting are the best part, but it needs a lot of cake and a LOT of frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alli, Dadda will be so pleased that you're carrying that phrase on!! I've noticed that I've picked it up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bad...we can all relate to your CARD!..not cake...I guess I just had Texas Sheet Cake on the brain...mmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete