Thursday, June 24, 2010

Who Says Peer Pressure Isn't Good?


A few weeks ago one of Jaden's friends learned how to ride a 2-wheeler. That next weekend, Jaden asked Charles to take off the training wheels. First he mastered it on Kaleb's bike, then he moved on to his bigger one. Who says peer pressure isn't good? Thank you Caleb. :)

Here he is riding his big bike:



He's a little pro now. He rides with his feet up, and he rides standing up. The other day I even caught him trying to ride with no hands. Charles also taught them how to "make Ice Cream."


Yesterday he found some ramps set up and just couldn't resist trying them out.


But at least he had the sense to use Kaleb's bike with the training wheels. Whew.



It has become almost a daily ritual to take all the bikes to the church parking lot and ride for about an hour. I love it. Jaden will speed around...


...Kaleb either rides his scooter, plays in the car, or just runs around...



...and Bradley likes to be pushed on his bike, or push his babies in the stroller.






Charles really should get his own bike. But, it's pretty impressive that he can balance on a bike that barely reaches his knees.


I love going here because it is just so much less stressful then trying to ride around the neighborhood. They can ride as fast as they want, they don't have to stay together, and I can see them the whole time. Sometimes I take my iPod and just listen to a book while my eyes are on them. Yes. Fun for everyone.

8 comments:

  1. He's riding a bike already!!! and I love that he knows how to make "ice cream"...is that a socci thing or do all kids learn to make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great place to let them ride their bikes! And good job to Jaden! It always seems like such a milestone is reached when they can ride without training wheels!

    Oh, and I am so sorry that I didn't come visit you! I seriously was thinking of you while I was there, and I really have no excuse. I'm pretty sure you live near my sister too. I'm just a lousy friend. She just found out that she is getting a baby and so I'll probably go out when the baby is blessed and sealed to them in January. I'll be without kids most likely so I'll be sure to come see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so nice. Ella wants a bike so badly. Every time she sees one she says "it's a bicycle mommy". I guess we'll have to get one for her and bring her over to ride with Jaden and Kaleb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber- I think I did that as a kid too. But I had totally forgotten about it until Charles mentioned it.

    Tracy- Okay, I forgive you. :) That's so exciting for your sister! So yes, I'll expect to see you. I live the next city over from you sister. :)

    Shanade- Yes! You SHOULD get her a bike and come join us. Or just bring her baby stroller and she can run around with Bradley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, remember when we got in trouble for riding our bikes at the church parking lot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe Jaden could teach ME how to ride a bike...and swallow a pill. Man that kid is just all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em, I was just thinking the same thing! Can I just say that Jaden looks like such a little gangster when he rides Kaleb's bike. He looks like a BMX rider on a trick bike about to descend a 19' halfpipe to some System of a Down playing over the loud speaker while drunk high school dropouts scream from the dirt surrounding him. Man, that sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Em~ I have NO idea what you are talking about. Was I there? Remind me.

    Kare~ I know :(

    Alli~ Wow, your description is so vivid! I can totally see him doing that!

    ReplyDelete