Monday, April 1, 2013

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang


My mom and dad have season tickets to the Hale Theater.  Once a month they meet up with my Dad's siblings to see a show.  My mom really liked this particular one and thought the boys would enjoy it too.  So she got us tickets and babysat Brynn and Brad so the rest of us could go see it. (Bradley's not quite old enough to go.)



It's pretty neat how the theater is set up in a circle, yet every seat is still a great seat.  The stage is always rotating.





I remember falling asleep when I tried to watch this as a movie.  The play was MUCH more entertaining.



During the intermission, some of the cast came out and threw licorice to the kids in the audience.  When he came close to us, he yelled, "Who wants some?" Kaleb raised both hands high in the air, yelling, "Me! Me!"  The guy threw one right to him and he caught it.  But then he looked closer at Kaleb and said, "Hey!  You've already got a whole box!" It was true.  Charles had just bought the boys some snacks and Kaleb had chosen licorice. Kaleb just laughed and laughed.



Every once in a while at home, I will still catch Kaleb singing to himself, "Truuuuly Scrumptious... You're Truuuuly Scrumptious."


Thanks for the show, Mom!  It was a lot of fun :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm bummed I missed it! They also randomly sing, "chitty chitty bang bang, chitty chitty bang bang." It's super cute.

    P.S. Were you taking pictures during the performance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, is that actor in the brown vest the one from Ephraim's Rescue?

    ReplyDelete