Monday, December 19, 2011

Ward Christmas Party

Our ward Christmas party was a lot of fun too.  We got to sit and eat with our good friends the Toblers and their 4 kids.  It's pretty funny, we have 3 boys and 1 girl, and they have 3 girls and 1 boy. Hmmmmm... :)

The best party of the night was probably the Ugly Christmas Sweater contest.  (You know what I'm talking about, the ones your great aunt wears with the big old reindeer head, or Christmas tree with the flashing lights...)  And there were some pretty awesome contestants up on the stage.  

One of them however, was Jaden.  

Now Jaden didn't plan to be part of the contest.  He just heard, "If you are wearing an ugly sweater and would like to be in the contest, please come up to the stage."  He just looked down at his own sweater, said, "I don't like this one," and marched on up.

Well if you know Jaden, you know he embarrasses easily and doesn't like to be the center of attention.  So to see him just strut on up there, in his NICE sweater, situate himself in the front of the crowd and raise his arms when the clap-o-meter is on him... it was shocking.  And hilarious.  Who IS that kid?

The boys also got to see Santa again...

                                                              "I want... more Magnet Blocks."


"I want Lego Ninjago, Lord Garmadon's Fortress!"


"Um... well, the thing about it is... 
I told the other Santa, I wanted Lego Ninjago, The Fire Temple.  
But I changed my mind.  
Now I was Lego Kingdom, The King's Carriage."

Man, too bad the real Santa never got that message in time... He could have saved a bundle!

1 comment:

  1. I liked how with just the 2 of our families - we had to bring more chairs to the table.

    ReplyDelete