Monday, December 19, 2011

Mission Reunion

 Almost 10 years later, Charles made it to a mission reunion.  Here we have President Pacini...


 and Sister Pacini.


The reunion was held at their home in Salt Lake City, so just a quick half hour drive for us.  The first thing we did when we walked inside was check out the Tree.  This Christmas tree is displayed year round at the Pacini residence.  In fact this reunion was actually back in October.


As you can see there are mission tags ornamenting the tree for all the missionaries who served with the Pacinis.  We never found Charles' name, so I'm a little skeptical as to whether he really went to Italy or not... :)


No, it was probably hidden the back against the wall. Anyway, there were I think 5 other anzianos and sorellas in attendance at the reunion, none of which Charles had ever met before, so it was kind of a bummer that way.  But the FOOD more than made up for the lack of reuniting with old friends...well... at least in my opinion.  I wish I would have taken a picture, but I think I was too busy drooling all over myself.

There was Caprese, and Pesto Pasta with real parm, and Ciabatta, and some other fruity and vegetable-looking things that I kind of passed over.  And some of that Bacci chocolate.  Everyone filled and refilled and then refilled their plates again it was soooo good.  And even though I thought it was over the top amazing, Charles said that it still wasn't as good as the real thing.  I can only imagine!

We spent a few hours eating, chatting, and Pres Pacini filled everyone in on the work being done in the mission as well as for the building of the Rome Temple.  Of course every Rome-missionary wants to go back to Italy and be there for the dedication... us included.  But it was neat to hear all these stories from Pres. Pacini along with all the behind-the-scenes ones involving Pres. Monson.

I tried to get a bit of dirt on Charles as a missionary, but unfortunately Pres. Pacini had nothing but praise and kind words.  I guess that means Charles was very good... at hiding it!  Haha! Just kidding, Charles!  Oh well.  I'll have to get those stories from Joe and Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment