Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer Visitors

This summer we didn't go anywhere.  Between Charles starting a new job, and having a new baby... it just wasn't happening.  Which was nice because traveling with all these kids is becoming... funner and funner.  Brynnlee has decided she hates her car seat and so she cries almost the entire time we go anywhere.  It's special.  So special that we have decided to put our Disneyland trip on hold for a while.

That's why, we were so lucky that so many people came to us.  First we had Mere.  Mere came to see us from deep in the heart of Texas.  She is one of my roommates from college, Maid of Honor at my wedding and probably the coolest chick I know.  I love this girl. :)


Next we had Crystal.  Crystal,one of the 'Fabulous Four' from high school, drove up from California just to see me.  No, really! OK, maybe  to see another friend who lives here too... and maybe to find a nice hot mormon boy to make out with... but most importantly to see me!... and to meet Brynn. 


She brought her 2 "holy-crap-they've-grown-up-fast" boys along, Covin and Evran.  My boys loved to play with them. In fact they still brag to their other friends that they have "2 friends from California.  And one of them is ten years old."


Bradley just seems to love everyone who comes to see him.  Here they fell asleep watching Tom and Jerry.  Even though he told her, "I hate Tom and Jerry."


Then we had Barbara and David, making the flight from my hometown, Lancaster CA.  I don't know how long it's been since I'd seen Barbara.  But I think this was her first time meeting Brynnlee, and Bradley!  BAD Crissy!  Bad!  I sure love this woman.  She's the grandma of the family we grew up with as kids.  We used to stow away to her house a lot.  I like to think we were sneaky and that our parents were always surprised... but thinking about it now that I am a parent... I'm pretty sure they always knew.


Here's David stuffing his face.  :)  Oh! And I should add Ella, Cameron, Ashlynn, Shanade and Andrew to the list of summer visitors.  Since we are LAME and never see each other.  They visited us from the far away land of Sandy, Utah.


Next, from tornado-ville Missouri, we have Julianne and Bryce...


... and Ethan.  We had our Ashton family vacation at the end of July to the beginning of August.


Joining the family vacay,  from blistering hot Arizona, was Kare and Curtis...

  

Baby Nathan (although he is no-longer the baby)...

  

...and new Baby Kaylee.

  

 Then in August we got to have Grandma and Grandpa Socci come for a visit.  Brynnlee met her Grandpa for the first time, and we all had so much fun.  And somehow, Grandpa left in one piece... barely.  :)


Last we had another one of my BYU roommies.  This is Julie, and she was our farthest traveler.  She came all the way from Florida.  I'm so glad she came cuz I haven't seen her in forever, and I also got to meet her beautiful baby girl, Nohemi.  I know a lot of Julies, but the boys remember her as "the one who took them sledding a long time ago."  She's so sweet!


Bradley and Kaleb hit it off with Nohemi real fast.  They had her belly laughing so hard in just 5 minutes of meeting her.  She's so cute. 


Thank goodness we're so popular and everyone wants to see us... Okay, maybe not.  Thank goodness we happen to live close to people's original traveling destinations, so we could snag us some visitors. Our summer was relaxed because we stayed home, but still full of fun.  I wonder if we can luck out again next summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment