Thursday, August 11, 2011

Letters to Alli


We had a Family Night tonight about Alli and her mission. This is about how it went...

Charles: Who knows where Alli is?  Bradley?
Bradley:  A missions.
Charles: And what’s a mission?
Bradley: What Alli is.
Charles: What do you do on a mission?  Kaleb?
Kalab:  Learn Spanish
Charles:  What else?
Kaleb: Learn to cook.
Charles: And what else?
Kaleb: Learn to build houses
Charles: What else? Jaden?
Jaden: You teach the gospel.
Charles: What’s the gospel?
Jaden: The church
Charles:  Why do missionaries need to teach the gospel?
Jaden:  Because some people are too busy with work.
…..
At this point Bradley was standing on his head laughing, and Kaleb is making farting sounds on Charles’ lap.  That is about as far as we got. Before sitting down to write letters.

Here are the kids' letters:

Hi Alli! 
I miss you so so so so so…. Much!  That’s 20 “sos.”  Are you having a good time?  I hope you are having a good time. I’ve been busy this summer playing with friends, and doing chores… which I hate.  But I do them for money.  I like to watch Rio and Pirates of the Caribbean.  I like to watch a lot of stuff. The computer game that I really like to watch is called “Poptropica.”  I’m not doing Hapkido anymore.  I’m taking a break.  I’ve been not liking it for a while.  My friend, Brighton gave me his username and password to Poptropica.  I can’t tell you it, but I can tell you what his guy is.  He’s a big star that grows.  Sadly, I can’t play it cuz mom won’t let me.  My favorite story in the Book of Mormon is the last chapter.  When Moroni dies.  He hides the plates, the sword of Laban, the bow that Nephi carved, and a few days later he passes on to the 3rd dimension.  Heaven is the 1st dimension, then he came to earth and that was the 2nd dimension, then he went back to heaven and it was the 3rd dimension. And now I will end the letter with this sentence… “I miss you, I love you, goodnight.”
Love, Jaden
 
Hi Alli!
You say, “What?” I got a paper for you. It’s a temple. I go to school. 2 schools. One and two. (This means he has gone 2 days now.)  My teacher is Miss Teresa. I go to a new Sunshine Square.  My friends is, Kinsley and Coleton.  I have a batman backpack and a blue folder.  I had a birthday.  I got this (pointing to a Yoda chair).  You know why? Cuz I liked it.  And I got napkins, toilet paper, magnet blocks, and that is all.  I got a punching bag. I got a piñata. It was just a piñata with a pirate ship.  I wanted a white cake, with white frosting and Santa. I miss you and I love you.
Love, Bradley

Dear Alli,
 I’ve been going to school at Sunshine Square everyday. And I miss you Alli, a hundred this (spreading arms out).  My teacher is Miss Michelle.  Cassidy and Cannon are in my class. That’s all I know.  I forgot the other names.  I been doing reading lessons all day.  Brynnlee is a cute baby.  The computer is important.  I want you to be safe.  You are so nice.  Brynnlee is a cute baby.  I can stand up on my own at the pool at the little end. I can put my whole face and my whole body in the water.  I love you and I love you this much. (arms spread open.)
Love, Kaleb
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great minds I guess, cuz I had Nathan "write" a letter to Alli on Sunday! His was not nearly as informative though..it was mostly "M, 1, 2, 3, P! Ka-chow"

    The 3rd dimension...thats good.

    ReplyDelete