Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day- Charles

Happy Father's Day, Charles!


For Father's Day, the kids helped set the table for Charles' favorite "heart attack" breakfast: Crescent rolls, breakfast sausage in cream cheese, with scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese, all in one casserole. This is one breakfast that Kaleb actually may have been looking forward to even more than Charles.


The kids got him up, and gave him their cards and gifts. This year they went as cliche' as you can possibly get. They chose to get him a couple shirts and ties. Normally I would say "boo" to that, but he actually needed them.


We went to church, the kids sang, "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home," and then Charles was a special guest in Primary. His tie became a Sing-O-Meter. If the kids sang well, Jaden and Kaleb got to cut off part of his tie. By the end, his tie was cut all the way up to his neck. Thank goodness he didn't have to use one of his new ones!

I'm not gonna lie, I would have been P.O.-ed. (I hate shopping for ties, btw. To someone as anal as me, and has zero fashion-sense... that is just way too obnoxiously stressful.)

Later that evening, we went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom made Charles' choice for dinner (Turkey) and Dad's choice for dessert (Spice Cake.) It was all sooooo good.


Just for fun, I had the kids answer these questions about their Daddy:

Why did God make daddys?

J- Because they hold the priesthood
K- Because he needed to make daddys.
B- To play and have Daddy's Breakfast

How did God make daddys?
J- This is a hard one. I don't know. I don't get it.
K- He do "choo-choo-choo-choo" (makes a hammering motion)
B- With tools

What ingredients are daddys made of ?
J- Blood, skin and veins
K- Skin
B- Peanut Butter Sandwich

How old is Daddy?
J- 30 That was easy.
K-4
B-3

Why did God give you your daddy and not some other dad?

J- Cuz that's the one he wanted to give me.
K- Because. Just because.
B- My other Grandpa Socci's Daddy

What kind of little boy was your dad?
J- Kind of funny. Because when when I ask him for some chips, he says, "you can have some spankings." It's kind of annoying.
K- Charles. I don't know because I didn't zist yet.
B- A little one. And big.

Why did your dad marry your mom?
J- Maybe because he thought you were, y'know, beautiful.
K- Because he loves her
B- Because he want to

Who's the boss at your house?
J- Daddy
K- Daddy and Mommy
B- Kaleb

What's the difference between moms & dads?
J- Mom has long hair and Dad doesn't have as long as hair
K- Moms are girls and dads are boys
B- Nothing

What does your dad do in his spare time?
J- Play with me and Bradley and Kaleb
K- Play with me
B- Play magnet blocks and clean up

What's your favorite thing to do with your dad?
J- Play with him
K- Play tougher
B- Clean up and play

If you could change one thing about your dad, what would it be?
J- Nothing
K- Play with me more
B- Clean up

Charles, you really are an amazing Dad. The kids couldn't ask for a better one. We love you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Those questions cracked me up! Happy belated birthday to Charles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe...Bradley thinks Kaleb is the boss. Priceless. I choked on my popcorn reading this btw, I couldn't stop laughing. I also love that all this kids mentioned that Cha plays with them in his free time. What a good daddy.

    ReplyDelete