Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day

MY mom...


For my mom for Mother's Day, I thought I'd look for pictures of the two of us...


And I guess it's no surprise that there are not many pictures of the two girls together who hate to have their picture taken...


Thank goodness for a wedding! Lots of cameras on us that day!


This year, I made my mom her favorite cookies. Sugar cookies. Only I have learned another way to make them... Cookie bars!


Then for both of our moms, we made these...





And Jules and Kare added these...




Instead of scanning them in, i just took a picture... that's why they look the way they do.


Also I thought I'd write my top 5 things I am grateful to my mom for over this past year...

-Letting my kids have sleepovers while I was in the hospital, as well a the random ones throughout the year (THANK YOU!)
-Letting me cry and vent to her, especially with all the crazy pregnancy hormones
-Always uplifting my kids and supporting them in every little thing
-Having patience with my kids (one in particular), especially when I have lost mine
-Being a great example for me


I love you Mom. I hope I can become just like you.


For MY Mother's Day, the kids... (but to be more accurate... Charles) gave me the perfect day. Charles asked the boys what they thought I would like for Mother's Day, and they sure do know me well!

~A clean house
~Floors vacuumed
~Kitchen mopped
~Bathrooms scrubbed

(hmmm... maybe I'm already becoming more like my mom!)

~Chocolate
~Homemade Cards
~Chocolate Chip pancakes for breakfast

They were dead on. So Charles had his work cut out for him! Haha! And he even threw in a pedicure with my awesome friend, Julie. Can't wait for that!

I meant to have my picture taken with all 4 kids, but I forgot. :(

This Mother's Day was also the first Sunday that Brynnlee and I made it back to church.


We only stayed for sacrament meeting because with it being Mother's Day, it meant that we got to talk to Alli (Hermana Ashton) on the phone. So we took off early to go to Mom and Dad's.


While we were waiting for her to call, we were looking at new pictures she had sent home. As I was flipping through them, Bradley came over and said, "Let me see!"

I said, "You wanna see Alli? Do you remember Aunt Alli?"

He just stared at her and with a frowning face said, "Yeah. Me miss her." It was so sweet. :)


And since this was the first time getting Brynnlee all dressed up for her first public appearance, I had to take a bunch of pictures.


Oh! I almost forgot! I also got a present from Brynn too. She gave me a 6 hour stretch of sleep the night before. First time I've slept that long since before she was born. I felt great! Best thing she could have given me. I haven't gotten another one since, so I know she was saving it special for that particular day. :) Thanks Brynn-Brynn.


And just because I thought this was cute... Kaleb thought Brynnlee would like to sleep with his bear. I found her like this. Such a sweet big brother. :)

1 comment: