Saturday, January 9, 2010

Persistant Little Arsonist

If my house ever burns down (knock on wood) I think we will know how the fire started. Bradley's obsession with plugs and outlets is getting worse. He's far too curious for his own good. He finds everything with a cord (rice cooker, griddle, curling iron, phone charger, etc...) and then he walks around the whole house in a desperate search for an unprotected outlet. Now that he has figured out that they are all covered, he has gone on to figure out how to UN-cover them. Somehow I am now missing about 5 outlet covers. How does he do it? I swear, those things are TOUGH to pull out! But I've watched him do it. Not good...

Today I found my hair straightener lying on my bedroom floor. (yeah, it's carpet)


Not only was it plugged in, but the switch had been slid to the "on" position. I'm not sure how long it had been this way, but it was VERY hot when I found it.

No singed carpet or burned babies... just a close call. Maybe he'll be an Electrician of some sort when he grows up... but hopefully not an Arsonist.

4 comments:

  1. I was so concerned the whole time I was reading this but then I saw that picture and just laughed. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at that face! How could he possibly be so naughty? Good luck keeping your house standing. Or maybe you need more than luck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have new plug covers that I saw at Lowe's that you replace the exsisting cover, and then to plug something in, you have to twist the plug in...maybe he would figure those out too, but if you are really concerned, there is that option!

    Also...you are a posting QUEEN!!! Is that your new years resolution? You are good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! Those things get HOT. Naughty boy.

    ReplyDelete