Saturday, January 23, 2010

Every Party Has a Pooper


Yesterday the kids and I had a little playdate over at Janica's house. Krystal and her 2 daughters were also there. So with 7 kids (plus one if you count the little baby Janica was babysitting) we totally had a party. Here are the four little girls that Jaden and Kaleb just LOVE to hang out with.


While the kids played, I got to sit around and talk with Janica and Krystal. I don't know why we don't do this more often, the kids play so well together, and we really got a nice break with some adult interaction. We had fun chatting about kids, husbands, and our latest amazing-deal-shopping-adventure... which we all did together.


We also baked... (well, watched Janica bake) some yummy artichoke dip that we ate with little baguettes.


I have never seen this made before. In fact I was never really sure what an artichoke was until I watched this process. I definitely wouldn't have know that this funky looking plant-like thing...

was used to produce this totally unhealthy yumminess.


Anyway, the kids had a blast. They had a nice little picnic in the family room, while the moms "calorie-consciously" (yeah right) chowed down on bread and dip...


Kaitlyn was a fabulous beautician...


Sisters... Kait and Brook.


Kaitlyn and Kyla...


This is Calissa. You may have heard Kaleb refer to her as "Little Kyla."


As I was sitting there chilling with the big girls, all the kids playing nicely together in the back bedrooms, Kaitlyn came running out. She was all excited as she said, "Guess what! Jaden kissed me!"

So... just in case the other moms didn't appreciate my son macking on their girls, I thought I should go back there and see what was going on. When I got into the bedroom, I saw the other 3 girls laying on the bed together with their eyes closed, smiling. Kaleb and Bradley were playing on their own, and Jaden was just looking at me. I asked him what was going on, and he said,

We're playing Sleeping Beauty.
Okay... and how exactly do you play Sleeping Beauty?
The evil witch put a spell on all of them, and I am the Prince and have to save them.
And... how do you save them?
I have to kiss them!
(I kinda raised my eyebrows at him)
That's how you break the spell!
Okay, so where do you kiss them?
(If you remember, we had previously discussed that he needs to wait until he is a man before kissing any girls on the lips.)
On the cheek... or the forehead.. or the elbow.
(Just then Kaitlyn came in and jumped back into her place on the bed. I knew it was all just innocent make believe, but I decided to make some boundaries anyway.)
Well, how about if we make a deal. I'll let you keep playing your game, if you only kiss them on the hand.
Then Kaitlyn and Brooklyn yelled, "Noooooo!"
Then I'm sorry, you can't play this game anymore.
They all relunctantly agreed to the terms.
I know, I'm such a party pooper.


When I told the boys it was time to go, Kaitlyn grabbed Jaden for a hug, then fell over... on top of Kaleb.


Then Brooklyn joined the dog-pile.


The boys really have fun with these girls. They are such good friends. And I know the girls love to play with them too. Well... they really love Jaden anyway... Kaleb is still a little shy and socially awkward... but his time will come! :)

2 comments:

  1. I just have so much to say I don't even know where to start...maybe I will just tell you over the phone.

    Remember when we were postulating about how Jaden and Kaleb would be when they grew up? Well, not that they are grown up now, but I remember always thinking that Kaleb was gonna be the cool one that was good with all the ladies and Jaden was gonna be the super shy one. Boy was I wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get a new camera or something? Your pictures are all fantastic. I love the one of Jaden grinning over the shoulder of the girl who's hugging him, and Kaleb screaming because he got smooshed. That is a picture that tells a thousand different little stories. Too cute! Also, I'm so glad you got to do something with friends--yay!

    ReplyDelete