Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Forgotten Carols


One night, when all the family was in town (except Bryce), Mom and Dad surprised us with tickets to see The Forgotten Carols.  Mom stayed home to watch all 7 grandkids while Dad took us to see the show.  I was really excited about this because I had actually been wanting to go and had been looking for tickets.

When we arrived, we had some time to kill and we noticed that we happened to all be matching. So we did what most normal girls our age would do:  An impromptu photo shoot.







We made Dad come and join us too.  He had no excuse.  He was dressed for the part.  Charles was having a little too much fun behind the camera. "Yes. Yes! Work it! Show me serious.  Now smile. Now serious. Now smile."  It was so confusing! But Dad was a natural.



We're a little obsessed with the jump shots, can you tell?


And yes, we did all of this... with an audience.


Then we decided we needed to keep it real with our background.  So we went back to our roots.


So close, Dad!  Next time...

Showtime!




I know some people think this play is cheesy, and, yeah... it is.  But I loved it.  It helped to bring back for me the true meaning of Christmas.  Not only that, but Charles and I have a soft spot for Michael McClean.  When we were 16 years old, back in Lancaster, we went to a youth fireside.  Michael McClean was there performing and the theme was about families being together forever.  I don't remember much about the fireside, but I will never forget these 2 things:

1.  How I felt while joining in with him in singing, "We can be together forever someday." I was moved to tears, and happy-tears don't happen very often.  Especially not in front of a boy I am trying to impress!

2.  That was the night Charles decided and told me he wanted the missionaries to teach him.  He said he loved his own family so much and that he wanted to be together with them forever.


2 comments:

  1. I remember when some primary kids sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" on Charles' mission and he wrote home and said it made him cry. Families are forever, isn't it amazing?!?!

    P.S. On our cop jump shot, Dad said he went down on purpose while we all went up because he wanted to catch us as we came down. So cute!

    ReplyDelete