Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Cabin

 We had a family reunion for my dad's side, up at the family Cabin.  We went a little early so we could take the kids on a short hike up to the old water tower.  I remember doing it as a kid, and it seemed a lot longer of a hike back then!


We showed them the cave that my Dad loves to hide behind and then roar like a bear.  Yup.  Scared Kaleb right out!


 


The kids had fun playing in the rain, wading and throwing rocks in the creek...


 ...and last but not least... the snowball fight.  My cute and crazy aunt, Jane, who so faithfully plans these family events, came up with this crazy summer snowball fight.  She brought those huge campfire marshmallows, handed 'em out to everyone, and the fight began. 


You might think to yourself, there's nothing fun about throwing marshmallows.  And you would be wrong.  I tell you these things can really pack a punch!  I think the adults even enjoyed it as much as the kids.




The boys really love going to the mountains, and can't wait till they can go again.

1 comment: