Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Tale of a Bully

A few weeks ago, Jaden came and said he needed to talk. This is how it went:

Mom, I forgot to tell you something that happened at school a couple days ago.
Okay, what happened?
I got in trouble at recess.
For what?
It's cuz there was this bully. The bully wouldn't leave us alone. They kept chasing me and my friends all around the playground and we didn't like it.
So what did you do?
I did this. (He demonstrates that he twisted the kid's arm behind his back)

I have to admit, I'm actually feeling a little proud of him at this point for standing up for himself and for his friends. Not to mention that Hapkido lessons are finally paying off!

So is that what you got ion trouble for?
Yes.
What happened?
The bully told on me and the teacher said if I did it again I would have to sit on the curb for the rest of recess.
So, tell me what the bully looks like.
(He gestures a measurement to his shoulders) She's about this tall.

She?! Oh my gosh, I was trying so hard not to laugh. So then we had to have a little talk with him about how to treat girls... especially ones who are a foot shorter than him!

3 comments: