Monday, October 26, 2009

A Mended Heart

Are you just dying to know what happened at the Halloween Party? Well, our story continues...

We all got dressed up and headed over over to the church building for a a small carnival before starting the Trunk-or-Treating. Jaden as a Knight, Kaleb as Batman, Bradley as a Tiger (thanks Julie!)


and me as... a witch, I guess. Bradley was so scared of me he wouldn't let me hold him. But here is proof, that I should never get bangs... or have really long hair... or dye my hair purple... or get a big ugly mole.


Our first game was to go fishing for treats. The kids were pretty quiet and not so sure about this whole carnival. The next game was shooting a rubber band to try and knock down a pyramid of cups. The kids started to liven up a little here. Here's Bradley taking his shot.



Then Kaleb.


Then Jaden.


But lo and behold... guess who happened to be standing at the back of the line... Kyla (formerly known as K. I have received official permission from her mom to exploit her identity.) She is the cute cheerleader-princess in pink on the left. Her little sister Calissa, who is Kaleb's age, is the one in yellow.


They find each other...


They pose for a picture. Kyla's mom instructs her to put her arm around Jaden. Jaden still talks about that. "I can't believe Kyla put her arm around me!"... as he tries to conceal a smile.


Jaden watches her take her shot.


Then they went to the next station together... bobbing for apples using sticks. Here is where we ran into Jaden's "other 2 girlfriends, Katelyn and Brook" because he has 4, remember? These girls are so cute and so funny. They were happy, I promise, but not a fan of the camera. Whenever I popped it out... instant gloom. Which is so funny because they are SO not like that.




Kaleb is very shy at first around other people. He kinda hung back with Charles the whole night. But I forced him to have his picture taken with Calissa. Kaleb really likes Calissa. He talks about her a lot. But he is too shy to say a word to her. Isn't she so cute and tiny? She's a little older than Kaleb, but so so small!


Calissa really likes Jaden. It's cute to see her light up just as much as her older sister when she sees him. Here they are after Jaden very politely asked each sister, "Would you like to hold my hand?" Kaleb did not join in. Poor kid. :(


After the games, the Trunk-or-Treating began. Kyla and Jaden decided to go around together. Kaleb hung back.


Here they are trunk-or-treating at MY trunk.




You can see also kind of see little Calissa on the left going around with her mom and dad.


Afterwards, the boys said goodbye to their friends, and we went back into the building for nachos and hot chocolate.



I'd say Jaden is feeling MUCH better. The next day was Sunday. At the end of church the Primary kids like to race to the Bishop's office to wait in the "Candy Line." This is how the Bishop learns all the kids' names. He briefly talks to each child and tries to get to know them a little better before giving them a piece of candy. The kids just LOVE it! Well when Jaden saw Kyla and Calissa they all ran to each other, held on to Jaden's hands and took off for the Candy Line. Poor Kaleb gets left behind a lot. (We've had to talk to Jaden about trying to include him more.)

Later that day, while we were home eating lunch, Jaden said out of the blue, "I CAN'T believe Kyla put her arm around me!"
Charles and I just looked at each other and tried to hide our smiles. It was quiet while we ate for a few more minutes, then Jaden broke the silence with, "And I CAN'T believe Kyla KISSED me!"
Again Charles and I looked at each other... but with a different expression. After a few seconds, I said casually,
"Oh really? Where were you?"
He said it happened by the Candy Line. Kyla and Calissa came to give Jaden a hug goodbye and then Kyla kissed him.
"Oh, you mean like on your hand?" I asked.
He shook his head no.
"Oh, on your cheek?"
He again shook his head no, then smiled and touched his lips. "Right here." Charles and I again had a hard time hiding our smiles. We both sucked in our lips and looked at our food. Then I said, "And then what happened? What did you say after she kissed you?" "I said, 'BYYYEE!!' and ran away."
That was it for that conversation.
Even though I know it was harmless, I mentioned to Jaden a little bit later, that it's a good idea to wait till he's a man before he kisses anymore girls on the mouth. :)

Later on, Charles joked about it to my family. He said, "I don't know what this Bishop is doing, promoting make-out sessions in front of his office!"

2 comments:

  1. Crissy, you look like Shannen Doherty! Weird! Anywho, you have some studly boys: a knight, a super hero, and a tiger (even with nacho cheese on his face, Bradley still looks ferocious!)Very cute! I can't wait for the real Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaden Charles Socci! Kissing girls already! You go boy!

    ReplyDelete