Monday, August 11, 2014

I Wanna Do Dance Class!

Brynnlee has been saying she wants to do dance class for months now.  We're actually not even sure where she even learned about it.

One day I was looking through the mail and there was an ad for a dance class.  Brynnlee found the ad and without a word to me, she took it upstairs to where Charles was.  She showed him the ad and said, "Daddy? I do dance class?"

He said, "You want to take a dance class?"

She said, "I need dance claaaass.  I need shooooes. I need skiiiiiirt. I need firewoooorks."

Well how can you say no to that? I looked around for a hip hop class, becasue that seemed to be more her style, but I couldn't find a class that started any earlier than age 5.  Well she's 3. All I could find for 3 year-olds was ballet and tap.

So I took her to go watch a class. I didn't want to sign her up if she wasn't actually interested.  We showed up thinking she would just watch, but the teacher invited her to try it and she got right up and did it.  She surprised me, I didn't think she would be brave enough.




She did great! She absolutely loved it! We enrolled her, bought the dance clothes and went out to buy tap and ballet shoes that same day.  She was so excited. She kept changing in and out of her dance clothes throughout the day.




Then she went to her first official class. Seriously the most adorable thing I have ever seen.



The thing that amazed me the most, was how much she enjoys this class. She is so focused. I have never seen anything keep her attention this well. She picks up on everything so fast, and she seems to have a talent for it.  I mean, I always knew she could shake her booty, but watching her slow down and make graceful movements and try to be precise is so amazing to me.  I could watch her dance all day long.







On her 2nd or 3rd day, it was "Bring a BFF Day" at her dance class.  Her cousin Zoe happened to be visiting from CA and came with her.



Here they are doing their Princess walk.




At the end of each class they have Free dance.


Brynnlee also loves to teach me what she has learned. But I must also be in uniform.  Here she is teaching me to make a pizza with my feet.


And here she taking a picture of me trying to do a passe. Or a Saute... I don't really know.


What I do know is that Brynnlee seems to have found something she is passionate about, and I wish I was able to watch her every week, but unfortunately parents are only allowed inside every 8 weeks. Talk about torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment