Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Talk

#1. A few days ago...

Kaleb: Why do the babies have to be in the mommies tummies?

Me: Cuz they gotta grow somewhere!

Kaleb: Maybe Jesus should just throw them down.


#2 Yesterday...

Yesterday I visited my friend Jamey who has a 5 week old baby girl. I brought Kaleb and Bradley with me. It took them a while to realize the little bundle in my arms was a baby. Bradley noticed first and he came over and said... "What is THAT?!" I told it was a baby girl, and his eyes immediately went to my belly. So I explained to him that it wasn't his baby sister, but that this baby used to be in my friend's tummy.

Then Kaleb saw the baby and he came right over, kissed her head and sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to her. In front of everyone. He didn't even care. It was really sweet.


#3 Today...

Kaleb: Is it going to snow today?

Me: It looks like it.

Kaleb: So the baby sister will come out today?

Me: I don't know. Probably not.

Kaleb: But I WANT her to come out today. Maybe I should just cut her out. Oh! And I get to hold her FIRST, okay?

(For the record, today is the day that Jaden predicted she will come. But I'm not really feelin' it!)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! What a funny boy! When I was pregnant with Libby, Jamin was convinced that the doctor sucked the baby out through my belly button. I really hope today is the day! C'mon baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAH!! I love the Jesus should just throw them down part. I mean, really, wouldn't it just be nicer all around? I'd like to live in Kaleb's world, please . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them!! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete