Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Turning 30, and the Meltdown


Today Charles is the big 3-0. Lookin' gooooood! When we first got married, our goal for our family was to have 4 kids and be done with that by the time we turned 30. I guess Charles ALMOST made it. Just 7 weeks shy. :)

For his birthday (we celebrated yesterday) I made him his favorite "Heart Attack Breakfast." It's made up of breakfast sausage, cream cheese, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese, sandwiched between crescent rolls. For dinner we had the meal that my mom was going to make on Sunday. Since she got to go to Arizona to be with her new grandbaby and Kare, I took the food and made it up last night. AND I have to say... Jennie-O turkey rolls are the way to go. When I'm old enough to cook my own Thanksgiving dinner, it will be Jennie-O all the way. It's WAY easy and I think it even tastes better. :) So yes, we had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls and green beans.

After dinner it was present time! We decided to let the boys go oldest to youngest this time. Jaden gave him his card and gift...


...while Kaleb waited to be next.


Kaleb gave him his card


(which Charles loved, because it was his first card that Kaleb actually did the writing, himself)


... while Bradley waited... oh wait, no he didn't. We looked over at Bradley and he had just finished opening it himself. Guess there's a reason that the youngest usually go first.


I got Charles an Amazon giftcard...


Mom and Dad got him a card... Man, Charles was so sure that Dad had picked this out. He was SHOCKED when he learned it had been my mom. He said he's going to keep it forever because he couldn't believe Mom would ever buy something like this! Jaden kept saying, "I wanna see the hundred girls again!"


Then he opened his present from Mom and Dad.



So all in all, Charles received a gift card, a bunch of DVDs he'd been wanting, clothes and money. Nothing interesting from the boys' perspective. There were no toys at all. So what was there to play with? Wrapping paper!


This must be the strongest wrapping paper ever, because the boys each got to ride around on it 4 or 5 times, each. It was so funny how amused they were by the littlest thing. It was like, better than Christmas for them!


Once it finally started to tear, Charles crumbled it up into a ball and said, "all done!"


In tears, Kaleb uncrumbled it and asked if they could ride some more.


Daddy is TOO nice. They rode and rode and rode...



until... Check out this amazing meltdown.



Everyone was in tears. Only Charles and I were in tears from laughing so hard. I mean, seriously? Over wrapping paper? Next birthday we're just gonna SKIP buying presents and just give them a roll of wrapping paper!

I love Charles' sympathetic face...



And so, to cheer up the little maniacs, Charles gave them horsey rides. All is well again.


Happy Birthday Charles. Hope 30 isn't as bad as they say. :) We love you!

3 comments:

  1. from Julianne

    Okay, so I watched the meltdown video 30 times. That was freaking hilarious. Charles is such a good dad! Happy Birthday Bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that video is the best!! Happy birthday charles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was all too cute! I find myself strangely going back to "the 100 girls," too!
    Happy Birthday, Charles! And in advance to little sister!

    ReplyDelete