Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blue Belt, Baby!


A couple weeks ago, Jaden was called to test for his blue belt. He was really excited... for about 15 minutes. Then as he realized he would have to test in front of the big guy again, he became more and more nervous and decided he didn't want to go. We told him he didn't have to if he didn't want to, but eventually he toughened up and decided to go for it. So we drove to Ogden for the big event.


Jaden was one of about 8 or 9 green belts testing for his blue. He was the youngest, as usual, and he was awesome. The test was about 30 minutes long, then he goes home and waits to receive his new belt at his regular class. Here he is doing a Low Roundhouse.




The day he received his belt in class, we all went to cheer him on. Even my mom, dad and Alli were there. Here he is coming to the front with another green belt. They remove old belts, give them to their moms, and then receive the new belt.


Here he is putting on his new blue belt.



When the kids line up, they line up according to belt and age. Look how far up that line the little guy has come!


When you move up in rank, you become in charge of leading the class that day. So here he is facing the class, calling, demonstrating and leading.


This is the part, where I become the proudest mom on the planet. When you are in charge of leading the class, you have to come up with the exercises on your own, call it, demonstrate it, then count it out in Korean. The last two times, Jaden has been too shy to do this. But this time he did it. :) Although you could tell he was extremely nervous, he projected his voice, focused, and did great! I couldn't stop smiling. I was shocked, amazed and extremely proud. :) You go Jaden!

(Sorry, I'm having issues uploading the video.... Working on it, but not having much luck...)


Here he is working his roundhouse.



And his Outside-in Jumping Outside-in.




Jaden, you have improved so much and we are SO proud of you! Keep it up, dude!

5 comments:

  1. I love how awesome he is at this. Remember when you were so worried that he wouldn't do anything like this because he was too shy? Now look at him! Holy cow he is frigging amazing!

    You rock Mr. Jaden! We're all proud of how hard you've been working at this. High Five!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaden Charles Socci, you are such a great blue belt at hapkido! I am so happy I got to see you lead your class in Korean! You were speaking a whole new language and helping your classmates learn from you! It was so exciting! And I was thinking the same thing when you all lined up according to rank, you have come so far! And I laughed so hard that as soon as your mommy walked up with the camera, you immediately covered your face in embarrassment. Your mommy came back to us and said, "yes, I am that mom."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I am in tears watching these. Jaden I am sooooo proud of you! You look awesome!!!! I can't wait to see that missing video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow Jaden!! way to go! I'm so impressed with how far and how much you have learned! Those round-houses are looking awesome, I can't wait to see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have watched these 5 million times. The first time through I was only watching Jaden but after about the 4 millionth view of the first video of him testing I noticed the other girl who is testing for her blue belt and Jaden kicks her trash!!!! Man Jaden is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete