Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Told You So!

While walking down the cereal aisle at Wal-Mart yesterday I experienced a moment of redemption... validation... and triumph. Why you ask? Because this is what I found...


What's so great about a box of cereal?

Well, about 11 or so years ago, while in High School (yes, this goes back that far...) I was obsessed with Crunch Berries. My mom would buy a box and I would eat it like crazy at first, but then leave half of the box untouched. It would just sit in the cupboard for weeks.

The reason?

Yup. I had picked out all the berries and left all the... "crunch."

She would get so mad at me for that, too. :)

Well one day I was watching TV and I saw a commercial for Crunch Berries. Something had "gone wrong" at the Crunch Berries factory and it was only making the Berries. And so they packaged it as "Oops! All Berries" It was a dream come true.

It was like Christmas. I couldn't believe it. I searched and searched and searched for that cereal. But no one had it. In fact, that was the only time I ever saw that commercial. I told people about it and no one believed me. I kept telling people it was true, and that it was called "Oops! All Berries" People thought I was crazy.

I was dating Charles at this time. You know what that sweet guy did for me?

He went to the store and bought 4 boxes of Crunch Berries.





He poured them all out into a huge bowl and picked out all the berries and filled one entire box with nothing but berries. Then he made a new label and covered the box with... "Ooops! All Berries"

When he drove to my house and gave it to me I thought I was going to cry. My perfect cereal. Such thoughtfulness... I asked him what he did with all the remaining "crunch" and he said he now has 3 boxes of "Cap'n Crunch" to eat every morning until it's gone.

So now... 11 years later... to anyone who thought I was crazy... I told you so! :)

It's only $2 at Wal-Mart and the box says "Limited Time Only," so I'm thinking I should stock up. At least 11 years-worth.

7 comments:

  1. I totally remember Charles doing that!! We were excited cause we were allowed to eat it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I bought Oops! All Berries! a few days ago at the store. I was so excited to show Curtis and I told him this same story!!!! No joke, just ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Charles...that story always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake Leitch, that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber~ I remember asking Charles what your family thought of him doing that and he said, "I don't think they cared, they were all just standing around eating it."

    Kare~ That makes me proud that you got so excited too!

    Blake~ Thank you. Please continue your efforts. :)

    Alli~ You crack me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've gone through 2 boxes in 4 days. And tonight Kaleb threw-up his bowl of berries. We're all kind of feeling that way. Enough for a while... but hopefully not another 11 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh phew, I'm gad you didn't get mad at him for wasting the berries!

    ReplyDelete