Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Valentine's Day


This year for Valentine's Day, we celebrated with our good friends the Holbrooks. Maybe I'll post a picture with all of us... [hint hint Julie ;) ] We started by ditching the kids, then heading to one of our FAVORITE restaurants. No, it wasn't Italian... we actually deviated form our norm that night. It's a place we hadn't been in a LOOOONG time. We hadn't been there since... our Provo days? Is that right? Maybe it wasn't that long ago, but it has definitely been a while! Can you tell where we went?


Mmmmmm. Indian food is SOOOO good! I wonder if I can google this recipe. It seems like you can get recipes from anywhere these days. Anyway, after dinner we went back to Ryan and Julie's and ate my favorite Ice Cream. Well, my SECOND favorite Ice Cream. My favorite Ice Cream I cannot find ANYWHERE in this blasted state. The one, and only... Chocolate Malted Krunch. (I can't wait till March when we go to CA... I'm totally gonna eat an entire gallon of it.)


Anyway, no... we didn't have my favorite, but a close second... Dreyer's Rocky Road. And it HAS to be Dreyer's.
Breyer's.. yuck.
Store brand... pass.
Farr's premium... that's actually pretty good.
But Dreyer's... never a disappointment.


And we also watched a movie. It was called Duplicity. Have you seen it? We had never even heard of it, but it sounded interesting. It wasn't exactly a sit-back-and-relax kind of movie. Ryan said it best when he said, "Man, that was good, but you really had to WORK for it!" I think I need to see it again, now that I know what the heck was going on.


Anyway, good food, good movie, great friends, HOT husband... awesome Valentine's Day.

6 comments:

  1. I had to watch Duplicity twice before I really felt like I got it. Let me know when you're out here next month if you're coming to the AV. We can have an ice cream party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Crissy! I just sent the email! I got the HINT. Ryan's gonna love that his eyes are closed! We had so much fun with you guys. Always do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indian food... good.
    Dreyer's ice cream... no good.

    Have you tried Breyer's mint chip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?? Thrifty's changed the design of the chocolate malted krunch container? I have been looking for the wrong thing for years, maybe that's why we can't find it!!! Haha, you said Charles was hot. You're married, you can't say that anymore :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So when you said a place that you hadn't been to since your Provo days, I totally knew you went to the Indian place, that place was awesome!! Now, I don't really remember when I was in Provo with you guys and no one else though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily- I'm ALWAYS up for an Ice cream party. Sounds like a plan!

    Amanda- Yes, I've tried Breyer's mint chip, it's okay! =)

    Alli- I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter about the container. This state DOESN'T freaking have it! I had my entire "young married ward" at BYU looking for it. The bishop promised the ward he would find WHATEVER ice cream we wanted if we would go to Ward Temple night, and boy did I give him and anyone he could recruit a run for his money. He called practically every store that sells ice cream. No one had even heard of it. So he bought Chocolate Ice Cream and Malt balls (Whoppers) to try and make up for it... bless his heart! That was when I gave up on my search. What a great bishop! I still went to the ward Temple night anyway.

    Kare- Bite your tongue!

    Amber- I can't think of it either. I asked Charles if he remember a time when you were here alone, and he can't think of it either. Dangit! Now's it's totally bothering me.

    ReplyDelete