Saturday, August 17, 2013

Triathamom 2013

Race Day! Thank goodness this is over.  I don't have much to say about the triathlon this year.  Other than it was terrible. Here are the only good things I have to say about the Tri:

1. Alli and Amber (Melanie too, but she was volunteering instead of racing because she is pregnant, and now her race next year will be free)


2. Buffy, Ginger, Brenda and Michelle (All ladies from my new neighborhood)


3. Jamey James


4. Jules


5. My cheering squad


Other than that, the whole thing sucked. It took me a few weeks before I even wanted to see any pictures or evidence of this day.  It was such a crappy day from start to finish.  I learned that it is possible to do a Tri without training... but it sucks.  Big suck.  Never again. Worst day ever.  I never even checked my times online because I just wanted to forget that awful day. But someone told me my overall time was 4 minutes slower than last year.  Awesome.  I guess the difference between training and not training is 4 minutes and day of hell.


Here's Alli finishing up...



Here's me and Julie finishing...



At least the kids had fun...


...and Brynnlee thinks I'm Number 1.


The next day this picture came out in the news.  Thank goodness I was in back!  Kaleb is famous :)


No comments:

Post a Comment