Sunday, October 14, 2012

Brynnlee Starts Nursery


Well, the day that I usually look forward to... (when my baby turns 18 months and can spend the last 2 hours of church each Sunday in Nursery instead of with me) has arrived.  Only I wasn't looking forward to it.  I've kind of been a "mom with a baby or pregnant" for the last 8 or 9 years.  It's strange for me to go back to Relief Society without either.  In some way I felt kind of shielded from having to leave my comfort zone around others as long as I had a baby with me. I never had to be the one to start a conversation with someone because someone would always comment on my baby first, and then we could start to talk.  Babies are great Ice Breakers.  And I'm a little sad that my time with babies in class is over.


Brynnlee has been really fun.  She is so full of expression.  She has made so many people laugh and laugh because of all the faces she pulls.  She rolls her eyes, she gives a squinty-eyed "cheese" smile, she opens her eyes and mouth wide as if in shock, she looks at people out of the corner of her eyes, she bows her head down and looks up at you through her lashes.  And she will rotate through each of these expressions and more in 20 seconds or less.  She's a riot.


A few times in Relief Society she went up next to the chorister and helped lead the music.  She loves to sing... even though she doesn't say many words.


Even though she is so entertaining, she can also be a spaz.  You can tell she is the youngest, and the only girl.  She knows how to get what she wants, and the boys will do whatever they can to keep her happy.  It's endearing to see the boys be so submissive to their baby sister, but sometimes I worry.  What kind of girl will she turn out to be?  Strong and opinionated, that's for sure... but hopefully not to the point of full-blown diva.


On her first day of Nursery, I think she was a little confused to see so many kids that were her size.  She's used to bigger kids.  The only thing that comes close to a human relationship with something smaller than her is our friends' weiner dog, Sasha.  Which is why we found it hilarious to see how she interacted with the other kids in Nursery.  A couple times, I saw her squat down next to another child, snap her fingers and click her tongue while saying, "Sasha... Sasha." I almost died, haha!

I have such an attachment to this girl.  Especially with having Charles in the bishopric, it's usually just me and Brynn each Sunday once the boys go off to Primary.  So if she ever seems like she doesn't want to go to Nursery, I jump on that and keep her with me.  But unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have much of a problem there.  ;)  She growing up too fast, and I'm sad to see my baby go.


2 comments:

  1. I seriously can't stop smiling thinking of what a riot that girl is! While you do a great job describing all her funny faces, it doesn't even come CLOSE to seeing her first hand. She is such a crack up! Love love love LOVE that baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charles is still in the bishopric? I thought you moved. Cute post, anyway!

    ReplyDelete