Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Since we have 9AM church, our Easter began really early.  Like... had-to-wake-kids-up early. But not all the kids. We let Brynnlee sleep in.  With 3 hours of church ahead of us, you better believe we waited till the last minute to get her up.

 

So it was just the boys who got to follow the trail.




Ready for Spring.  And Summer.


After checking out their baskets they got to find all the colored eggs that the Easter Bunny stole from the fridge and hid all over the house.

Brynnlee got to check out the Easter loot briefly before being hauled off to church. 



She wasn't feeling particularly well that day so she had to be taken out to the hallway a few times.  I wondered how well the kids would do without me.  Now I know.  When I came back to our bench, I was happy to see Jaden and Kaleb coloring quietly.  But where was Bradley?  I looked up at the stand at Charles, and he pointed to the back of the chapel.  Bradley had gone to the bathroom and had not fastened his belt.  And so at that point he was walking up and down the aisles, tracing his hand up and over the armrest of each pew, with his shirt untucked and belt sticking straight out.  Nice.  Oh well, what can you do?


After church we went to Mom and Dad's for Sunday dinner, where the kids got to have another egg hunt in the backyard.  And there were a LOT of them!  I think the hunt is the kids' favorite part of the day.


Brynnlee got a few little bows for Easter and I was shocked to find that she had barely enough hair on the top of her head to hold one in place.  So cute!


I got a new camera (Happy Birthday / Tax Refund Day to me!) and I was messing around with some of the weird settings here.




 

 Happy Easter!

2 comments: