Friday, November 11, 2011

I Love Jaden


I usually don't need to set an alarm in the morning to get the kids ready for school.  They wake me up plenty early.

Well...

A few nights ago I had stayed up pretty late, and then was up again for a couple hours in the middle of the night because Brynn was running a fever that I was trying to bring down.  When I went back to sleep, I didn't think to set my alarm.

On the rare occasion that I get to sleep-in a bit, this is how I get to wake up...

"Mommy?  I got poop!"
or
"Mom! I'm hungry!"
or
"Mom? You need to make my lunch."
or
"Moooom! Kaleb punched me!"
or
"Mom. You should probably get your lazy butt out of bed now and quit being such a slacker because we are late for school!"

Okay... I haven't actually heard that one... yet.

But this particular morning, the sweet voice that woke me up was Jaden's, telling me:
"Mom?  You don't have to worry about feeding anyone.  I took care of it."

2 comments: