Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Random Conversations

 
*****

J: Mom what's that book about that you're reading?
Me: (Not wanting to admit it's about a drunken affair) Umm... it's about love.
J: Ew. A romance?  I hate romance.
Me: Oh really. Well what do you like?
J: I'm more into horror.  And warfare.

*****

Kaleb and Bradley can fight about a lot of things... but one item of business that will always unite them is their feelings toward a certain 3-year old boy in our neighborhood.  They can be in the middle of a full-blown fight, and then Bradley will just out of the blue say...

B: He HATE Dallin, right Kaleb?
K: YEAH!  We hate him!
B: And Jesus hates Dallin too!
K: Um, no he doesn't.
B: Well, Jesus didn't make Dallin.  He only make us.
K: No Bradley, Jesus made Dallin too.
B: Well we HATE Dallin, right Kaleb?
K: YEAH!  We hate him!

*****

Another thing Bradley likes to do in the middle of a fight, is this...

K: And don't ever play with my things again, or I'll punch you in the face!
B: Kaleb, I love you.
K: ...

It kills me!  How can a 3 year old hear such mean words, not be offended or worked up, and then turn around and say in all sincerity, "I love you."  I could learn a lot from this kid.

And it usually diffuses the situation too.  Kaleb is too mad to reciprocate, but feels too guilty to keep saying mean things.  Bradley is a genius.

*****

Bradley is still a little perplexed by why Brynnlee looks different than he does... under the diaper.
Here are some of his comments...

"Where's his peh-pay?"
"He's a girl?"
"He doesn't have one?  Did it fall off?"
"Did it break off?"
"I know... when Brynny gets bigger, he will have a peh-pay."

I'm done trying to explain... Now I just nod my head at whatever he says.  Besides... he's 3.

*****

This is Brynnlee's latest thing... Practicing to go with Aunt Alli on her next dive.

3 comments:

  1. I seriously need to meet your kids! Brenna and I have had similar diaper conversations. One time Karalee was changing Nathan's diaper and Brenna looked at him and then asked me (with her finger wiggling in the air) "Is his bum wiggling Mommy?" We about died laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...I need you to explain the soccer ball in this last picture to me. I know you have some thick carpet...but I don't think it is thick enough to engulf half of a soccer ball. I am so confused! What is going on here?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randi- OOOHHHH my gosh! That's hilarious! I think Kare told me about that one, and I was dying!

    Kare- We have a tiny sinkhole, and so we strategically place the soccer ball there to prevent any injuries. It works out nice. I'm surprised you noticed!

    ReplyDelete